Monday, July 30, 2007

Pray Your Gods

"I will give the secrets you request
And you will be the one to sacrifice
So lay your olive arms upon my breast
And sing the poems, free the butterflies

Pray your gods who ask you for your blood
For they are strong and angry jealous ones
Or lay upon my altar now your love
I fear my time is short
There are armies moving close
Be quick, my love

I feel my body weakened by the years
As people turn to gods of cruel design
Is it that they fear the pain of death
Or could it be they fear the joy of life

Pray your gods who hold you by your fear
For they are quick and ruthless punishers
Or lay upon my altar now your love
I fear my day is done
There are armies moving on
Be quick, my love"

-Toad The Wet Sprocket

3 comments:

Ryan B said...

DUDE!!! It's great to have you blogging, man! I know you'll love it once you find your groove. I realize the word "blog" sounds geeky, but the fear of using the word in public wears off pretty quickly, so spread the news that you've started one. I'll put a link to you on mine as well. I look forward to many many more entries.
P.S. Good song; Toad always takes me back to good times.

Adam said...

Danny boy glad to see you with a blog. I'm expecting big things out of you my friend. If nothing else you've already reminded me of the awesomeness that is Toad the Wet Sprocket.

Pastor Robey said...

I can only imagine what is going to be unleashed into the world now that Ned is pouring out his mind into the web! I have personally experienced the hilarity, absurdity, profundity, and well... been straight up terrified by what lurks in your brain. The world needs your blog!!